Day 5- Sunday Worship


We’ve had a great day worshipping God this morning at Nairobi Chapel. The team joined the early morning service at 9am, some of us were invited to sit on the front row! There was even some dancing among the team (I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of video evidence).


For the 11:30 service, we split up, with some of the team joining the youth service, others the young adults, while Bridget joined the 2 year olds and Claire joined the special needs room.


I (Josh G) was speaking in the youth services for 14-18 year olds. The worship band were given a break so we had worship via DJ. Sadly the DJ kit failed in the morning service so the young people shared a few testimonies instead of sung worship. I must stress that the Kenyan teenagers were no more enthusiastic about sharing than our English teenagers would be! But the tech team prevailed for the second service and I had my first experience of DJ led worship. We also had a hype man teaching us dance moves (I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of video evidence).


We spoke on Acts 1:8- where Jesus, speaking to his disciples says “You will receive Power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my Witnesses, in Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth.” We focused on the call to be witnesses to the work of Christ, through the power given to us by God’s Spirit. It was a joy and a privilege to share, if a little intimidating. But I received some lovely feedback and had some wonderful chats with some of the young people in a small group.




The three Joshes (still deciding on a collective noun for Joshes), had lunch with Reverend Nick, the lead pastor on Nairobi Chapel, and it was a privilege to share encouragements and pray together.



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 ...

Fab first day.