Day 10
Hello, today was a really fun day at Kids camp as it was the final day, meaning that it was full of games, the talent show, and even catwalking!
When the day started we practiced our talent show entry which was a dance to the song God Suit, Esther, myself (Grace), and JoJo taught the others the actions (to varying levels of success) in preparation for the big moment.
Afterwards we split up, I went with the Joshtet (collective of the 3 Joshes from Gill), Heather, and Jane to go on a tour of the Hospital. It was so interesting to see the differences and similarities to Walsgrave hospital back at home, I was struck by the Physio room in particular and was immediately hit by similarities to home.
On the tour we saw so many different units and people, please pray for the hospital as they hope to afford an MRI machine soon. It really is an impressive hospital which I know is such a blessing for the local people. Something that we were all amazed by as well was that it is only was set up as a clinic in 1999 and as a hospital in 2012, the progress in such a short time is outstanding and can only be a result of God's provision.
When we got back from the hospital we had lunch (the food here is amazing btw, I love Chapatti) and then prepared to watch the talent show. In which I found myself along with Josh L on the 4 person judging panel. We saw tons of Kids with really impressive memory verses, dances, songs, drama, and gymnastics. I found it particularly hard to judge the catwalk as so many kids strutted down the red carpet I found it so hard to choose!!! (But it may have been Simi and Matthews piggy back walk)
If you want to know about our dance, in my humble opinion we smashed it, we came 4th out of the dancers (no biased judging from me or Josh L) we can't attach a video right now, but it will come on the blog eventually (maybe...)
I really enjoyed the kids just having fun the whole day and seeing their smiles, And i'm so sad that holiday camp is already over! We will be flying back to Nairobi tomorrow, so please pray for a safe flight.
Thanks :)
- Grace














Comments
Post a Comment