4 weeks to go! And I'm feeling a bit emotional!
Wow, only 4 weeks.
Around a year ago I shared my crazy idea with the other youth leaders at our church. Why don't we take our youth group to Africa? And lets do to summer 2026! It was an idea I'd had for a while, but there were various reasons why 2026 should be the year. They could have said no - its too dangerous, its too difficult, its too expensive, but at every step they said ok, lets give this a go. Amazingly first the youth leaders, then the youth and their parents, and then the wider church got on board with my crazy idea. And now we're only 4 weeks away to a beautiful intergenerational trip. And we have raised more money than I could have dared dream - between those going on the trip, and fundraisers, and just generous individuals we have raised a significant amount to fund useful equipment and gifts for those we are visiting.
So today I am incredibly grateful. Grateful for a crazy web of many people who have supported this ...
For the 13 other people coming on this crazy adventure with me, especially the young people.
For the organisations hosting us in Kenya - Nairobi Chapel, ICFEM and Compassion.
For our church PCC who have backed us to do this by approving it as a mission trip but also backed it with financial support from the church funds.
For our church family that have prayed, supported our many many fundraisers, and given so so generously to support the trip and enable us to give to those we are visiting.
For the people who put in so much work for our fundraisers, making jams, pictures, jewellery, cards, cakes, organising quiz questions, cooking and much more.
For individuals who have knitted baby items or bought stationary or collected sports kit for us to take.
For the local school who have had a Kenya day and done other fundraising activities for us - thank you Grange Farm Primary.
For family and friends who are supporting us and encouraging us.
And for my husband who has supported every step of the way despite deciding not to come himself, for my son who has baked cakes and attended fundraisers, and for my daughter who brought her Acapella group all the way from Exeter University to make one of our fundraisers incredibly special (thank you Sweet Nothings! You're awesome!)
If you've been involved in any way I am so grateful and thankful for you. And I'm thankful to God that somehow this crazy idea is coming together.
Comments
Post a Comment